Revolectrix GT1200, Multi-Chemistry, 1200W Charger
Welcome to GT1200, the first high-power offering in the amazing NEW GT SERIES of R/C Battery Chargers from Revolectrix. Built on time-proven, reliable PowerLab hardware, this new 1200W,
1s-8s Charger provides a fresh approach to a more traditional user interface than the PowerLab series at an affordable price. Simplicity is the core thrust of the new user interface,
boasting a larger, backlit dot-matrix LCD, allowing access to virtually every relevant parameter required to the routine charging, discharging, monitoring, and cycling of any battery
chemistry available while at the same time providing easy-to-read feedback of key information during every operation; bigger screen, more information, easier to read. Adding to the
intuitive feel, the new navigation wheel makes for quicker access to various menu options, and includes a SELECT/ENTER button. A separate BACK button rounds out the interface to allow
the user to "back out" of menus and return to previous screens.
The Cellpro GT1200 Charger directly supports balance charge of any 1s-8s LiPo or LiHV battery pack equipped with a JST XH balance connector without the use of an adapter. It also directly
supports the Revolectrix MPA and SPA Smart Parallel Adapters; the safest parallel charging solutions on the market. Look for the MPA Combo in the REVO webstores.
More on the GT SERIES Philosophy (TAKE IT ON THE ROAD):
GT SERIES is all about simplicity and productivity at the field. It is not intended to replace the top-tier PowerLab series, but rather to offer an even simpler approach to common charging
scenarios, straight out the box. The user interface is intuitive and instantly familiar, regardless of what charger you are using now. The PowerLab series remains the flagship of the
Revolectrix product line; preset-driven with fully-customizable, "open architecture" presets, as well as graphing and data logging. When coupled with the PC Charge Control Software (CCS)
the full potential of the Powerlab series can be unleased. In contrast, GT1200 series focus is ease of use as well as preset customization without the need for a PC. However, as with all
Revolectrix charging products, the GT series does continue the long-standing ability to effortlessly and reliably update the firmware in the charger. With embedded USB support, connecting
to a PC for this purpose has never been easier!
This is not to say that the GT SERIES does not support presets. It does, but in a different, seamless way. The unit comes equipped with basic presets for all battery chemistries currently
available as well as 28 EMPTY user preset positions. During the course of operation, any changes that are made at the charger may be named and saved down ("SAVE AS") or saved over ("SAVE")
to the user presets bank. The process is analogous to opening a document in a PC application, making changes, and then using the "Save" or "Save As" menu options from the PC application to
store the unique setup parameters chosen during the course of using the charger for its intended purpose; charging and managing your batteries. Best of all, everything happens at the
charger, which makes it ideal for taking it on the road.
- Selectable charge rates range from 25mA to 40A
- Continuous maximum output power rating, 1200W @ +24VDC input voltage, 600W @ +12VDC input voltage
- Native support of JST XH balance connectors allows direct connection of 1s-8s LiPo/LiHV Batteries without requiring any adapters. Also supports Revolectrix SPA and MPA Safe Parallel
Adapters; the industry's safest methods for parallel charging multiple, same-cell-count packs. These items are peripheral products, available separately or as part of Combo packages,
not included as a part of the basic GT1200 unit.
- Smart power management allows customer to select between programmable input power sources. Available settings include power supply input current limit, input low voltage limit,
regenerative discharge rate and voltage limit. GT1200 stores 3 set-ups for Power Supply and 3 set-ups for Battery and can be programmed to ask for verification one time on
- GT1200 supports charging through the main discharge wires only for certain scenarios (see Specifications tab for full details). For balanced charging, the unit requires balance
wires in combination with the discharge wires. (charge rate support up to 40A max)
- Initiate charge, discharge, store, monitor, and multiple cycles at the GT1200.
- The unit comes equipped with basic presets for all battery chemistries currently available as well as 28 EMPTY user preset positions. During the course of operation, any changes
that are made at the charger may be named and saved ("SAVE AS") or saved over ("SAVE") to the user presets bank. The process is analogous to opening a document in a PC application,
making changes, and then using the "Save" or "Save As" menu options from the PC application to store the unique setup parameters chosen during the course of using the charger for its
intended purpose; charging and managing your batteries. Best of all, everything happens at the charger, which makes it ideal for taking it on the road.
- 0.1mohm voltage resolution allows accurate four point internal resistance measurement of each cell
- Environmentally friendly, regenerative discharge capability of up to 1200W. Unlike traditional methods of discharge, which deplete the output battery's energy in the form of heat
across a transistor, regenerative discharge takes most of that energy and puts it back into the input battery. In other words, when you discharge your LiPo for storage, you will be
re-charging your Lead Acid input battery. The total amount of power that you can achieve is limited only by the amount of current that your input battery can accept, or 1200W,
whichever is lower.
- GT1200 is also equipped with a traditional, 80W internal discharge capability which is non-regenerative.
- Twin large cooling fans
- Massive over-sized internal heat sink
- 10AWG silicon input power cable terminating in an EC-5 female pin connector. A plier clip assembly with EC-5 on one end and red/black plier clips on the other is available
as an accessory item.
- Massive sendust core toroid capable of 60A continuous input current requirement for maximum output specifications
- 2.6", 128 x 64 pixels graphic LCD with white LED backlight
- Embedded PC USB support and free PC Software
- Intuitive Navigation Wheel with inclusive push button SELECT/ENTER, plus a BACK button makes Navigating menus and making selections a joy!
- Sleek and attractive high-impact ABS enclosure for maximum airflow efficiency
- Sturdy Aluminum top panel
- Quick "preset over-ride access" to common charging parameters like setting charge and discharge current and operational modes of charge / discharge / monitor / cycle(s)
- Additional advanced options menu for adjusting in-depth charging parameters and global options at the unit
- Free and reliable firmware updates for the life of the product using the free, downloadable, Windows-based Firmware Update Utility (Application)
- Programmable options allow speaker ON/OFF or volume, selectable completion notification, information scrolling, Logo display duration at power up and Navigation Wheel direction
- Multiple product cases can be interlocked
* Please note: all specifications and features listed above subject to change without notice.
For Battery types: Lithium Polymer HV (1s to 8s balanced, 1s to 2s unbalanced), Lithium Polymer (1s to 8s balanced, 1s to 2s unbalanced) Lithium Ion (1s to 8s
balanced, 1s to 2s unbalanced), Lithium Manganese (1s to 8s balanced, 1s to 2s unbalanced), A123 (LiFePO4) (1s to 8s balanced, 1s to 8s unbalanced), NiCd (1s to 21s),
NiMH (1s to 21s), Lead Acid batteries (1s-12s Flooded, Gel, AGM, SLA)
Pack capacity: 50 mAh to 360Ah
Input voltage: 10-32VDC, reverse polarity protected
Input current: 1A to 60A, software limited
Power conversion: Synchronous DC/DC converter, 85% to 93% efficiency depending on output current
Output battery charge current: Adjustable range 25mA to 40A, limited by 60A input current*
Output battery discharge current: Internal discharge 25mA to 8A, 80W max, Regenerative discharge 25mA to 40A, 1200W max**
Continuous max output power: 600W @ +12VDC input, 1200W @ +24VDC
Cell balancing: 1s-8s Li or A123 (LiFePO4) balanced charging
Voltage calibration: Cell voltage measurements are factory calibrated to a standard traceable to NIST; calibration is to +/- 6 mV
Current calibration: Charge current is factory calibrated on a 4A standard; calibration is to +/- 1mA
Voltage resolution: 78uV (16 bit)
Voltage tolerance: +/- 6mV
Charge current: +/- 1%
Capacity added to pack: +/- 1%
Percent capacity ("Fuel"): +/- 5% (with accurate fuel table defined for battery being charged)
Interface: USB 2.0 Full Speed (12Mb/s)
Cooling fans: Twin, 13 CFM, 50mm diameter
Heat sink: Internal 120W aluminum, thin finned
Output battery connector: Modified JST XH series, 9 position max; accepts 1s-8s balance plugs on batteries
LCD: 2.6", 128 x 64 pixels graphic LCD with white LED backlight
Size: 5.82" x 6.55" x 3.57"
* Please note, for safety reasons, available charger current may be limited for certain battery types
and/or charging modes, e.g., non-balanced charge of Li, more than 6S cell count, etc.
** Please check bullet number 9 in the
section titled "Major Features" (Features tab) for a detailed description of Regenerative Discharge