This is the FrSky 2.4GHz ACCST Taranis X9D PLUS Telemetry Transmitter System, rechargeable transmitter battery, battery charger and an foam carrying case.
When it comes to possibilities the Frsky Taranis sets a new standard. FrSky is well known for their frequency hopping ACCST technology, that takes advantage of the entire 2.4GHz band, resulting in excellent range and reliability, they now offer their first full transmitter system.
The Taranis mixes the power of the “OPEN TX” open-source software with an unbelievable ergonomic case with 8 programmable switches, two twist knobs and two easy to get to lateral 'slider' pots, and not to mention the ultra-smooth quad bearing gimbals.
The Taranis utilizes Voice Alerts from an internal speaker, versus just an annoying beeper. For things like; audible Count down timers, low voltage warnings, landing gear down warnings etc., just about anything can be programmed, you can even use your own voice. The SD card slot offers unlimited memory options and a USB port for upgrades even a headphone jack.
One of the best features of the Taranis is its full telemetry capability, as well as RSSI signal strength feedback, there are 3 different programmable fail-safe modes and receiver lock, so no more crashes due to selecting the wrong model. If you have stock in other brand receivers or BNF’s, no worries the Taranis has a JR style RF module slot, so you have the option of other brand modules such as the Orange DSM2/DSMX or Open LRS 433mhz module, or pop in another Frsky module to expand the transmitters capabilities even more with duel RF.
When you put it all together, between FrSky ACCST technology and the power of “OPEN TX” software and community, a ergonomic case with ultra-smooth smooth ball bearing gimbals and a large back-lit LCD with a included aluminum case and battery pack. You have versatility and power at an unprecedented value.
- RSSI alarms (warns you of reception problems before it becomes an accident)
- 16 channels (more when combined with external module)
- 64 mixers, 9 flight modes
- 16 custom curves with 3-17 points each, 32 logic switches
- Self-test of the transmitter antenna
- 60 Model memory (expandable via a SD card)
- Audio Speech outputs
- USB and SD card slot for unlimited memory, and firmware upgrades, sound editing.
- Long range system capable of up to 3 times the range of current systems
- Quad bearing gimbals that are silky smooth
- State-of-the-art open source software (open TX)
- Super low latency for ultra-quick response (9ms)
- Large back-lit display
- Real-time data logging
- Receiver lock (program locked to aircraft)
- JR Style module bay for additional RF modules
- Processor: STM32 ARM Cortex M3 60MHz
- Heavy-Duty Aluminum Travel Case
- Adjustable screen color; blue or white
Compatibility: FrSky X series, D series and V8-ll series receives (plus other receivers if an external module is used)
Model: Taranis X9D Plus
Operating Voltage Range: 6 ~ 15V(2S, 3S Lipos are acceptable)
Operating Current: 270mA maximum (both RF module and backlit are on)
Number of Channels: Up to 16 channels
Operating Temperature Range: -10~60℃
Backlit LCD Screen: 212x64 Monochrome
Model Memories: 60 (expandable by SD card)
Stick mode: Mode 2 (Left hand throttle)
- Taranis X9D Plus ACCST 2.4GHz Transmitter
- (1) 6-cell 2000mAh NiMH Transmitter Battery
- Radio battery wall charger
- Neck Strap
- Foam Case
The FrSky is an excellent transmitter, but please be aware of the following before purchasing this device:
- With this transmitter, there is a learning curve before the end user can even complete the most basic setup with this transmitter. Before use, the end user will need to research resources such as popular RC forums and YouTube to compile the required information for proper usage. This information is something our team does not offer, and our staff will not have the ability to walk end users through the setup phases of this transmitter.
- If you are a beginner pilot, or want an "easy" transmitter to use, we would recommend transmitter systems like Spektrum or Futaba. These systems are well understood and provide multiple levels of manufacturer based support, and are best for end users that are not familiar with transmitter setup.
- The FrSky transmitter system is widely used by the FPV community and features all manners of excellent functionality and support. However, the programming and usage of this transmitter system is a hobby in and of itself, so please use proper discretion when purchasing a system of this level of sophistication, as a system of this nature will require time, patience and effort for proper use.